I think both the points below are very valid, having been involved as a customer in a number of logo designs for companies.

Regards Alan Chaney

Alan Chandler wrote:

On Friday 19 May 2006 11:52, Detlef Schulze wrote:
If I have learned one thing about graphic design, then it is that this
is a task that should be done by professional designers and definitely
not by developers. The same applies to java development done by graphic
designers.

Also, unless there is a clear statement of the values that the logo is there to promote, a good graphic artist hasn't got the right information to work with.