From: Henri Dupre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 12:18 PM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: New version of Tapernate...

Hi James,

On 5/24/06, James Carman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2.  Taperate now has support for three types of property persistence,
> reattach-merge (used to be called "entity"), reattach-lock, and
> reattach-update, corresponding to the three different types of reattach
> strategies.  You can choose which one you want to use for your situation
> (reattach-update doesn't support POJO rollback, though since Hibernate
> will
> not give me the previous values for some reason) giving you more
> fine-grained control.
>
> 3.  The spring.hibernate3 module now supports an "interceptor pipeline."
> So, you can add as many interceptor "filters" as you wish, which can do
> various actions (logging, auditing, etc.).  The POJO rollback is
> implemented
> as an interceptor filter.
>
> Tapernate will move soon.  I finally got the Maven2 build to work, so now
> just have to upload it and set up some docs for it.  For those of you who
> are currently using Tapernate, you don't have to upgrade, but it's
> strongly
> suggested.

Again, where is tapernate located? I searched last time on Howard's site
where he has tapestry-spring and other small projects but I couldn't find
your project.

I'd be interested to know more about your different reattach strategies...
Do you understand in details which one to use when?
To me "lock" should always be used unless you have duplicate objects, right?
And having duplicate objects is not good in hibernate, if I get it right?

I like the idea of an interceptor pipeline... Would it allow easily to
monitor performance of DAO methods?

Thanks,

Henri.