On 5/24/06, Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 I am not using any OpenSessionInView filters yet - intentionally, because
I wanted to run into the lazy-load problems first in order to verify that
what I would then do will actually fix the problem.

I looked quite in details on the OpenSessionInView code and there is
something really strange... After a request is completed, several methods
are called "close" and "release". These methods only cause the session to be
removed from the threadlocal but the hibernate session itself is never
closed!! So I bet that then the sessions are just floating in the jvm until
they get garbaged.

You should try to subclass OpenSessionInView and do a session.close() after
a page.

Thanks,

Henri.