Lutz Hühnken wrote:
I asked for applicationContext.xml, and I get a mysql log... well,
near enough :)
Sorry, I thought what I had found in the mysql log (the "set autocommit=0, no "commit" call and explicit "Rollback" call issued by Hibernate at shutdown) changed things a lot, but maybe not.
From your last mail I understand you have the same problem if you use
the mysql command line client.
No, the command line INSERT does make it, the records just don't get picked up by Hibernate...
So generally, your sql statements never get committed... which is
weird, because by default, mysql starts new connections with
autocommit enabled.
No, only the ones coming from my webapp do not get committed.

If you connect to mysql from the command line and do
select @@autocommit;
what do you get?
I get "1"
Oh, and although the classname you use for the jdbc driver still
works, since the mysql connector/j provides backwards compatibility in
this respect, nowadays people tend to use "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
because of a name change four years ago.
Ok, thanks, I changed that.