From: James Carman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:29 AM
To: 'Tapestry users'
Subject: Tapernate "squeezer" refactored...

All,

Tapernate's entity "squeezer" has been refactored.  No longer do you need to
tell it what your "data class" (the common entity superclass/interface) is.
Tapernate turns the data squeezer service into a pipeline and puts its
EntitySqueezerFilter into the pipeline.  If it can't squeeze the object (the
object isn't persistent), then it just lets the rest of the pipeline take
care of it.  If it can squeeze it, it does.  The squeezed string will look
something like this (from the example application):

HIBRN8:0::l1

The "HIBER8" part is a token that tells me that I squeezed this object.  The
'0' is an abbreviation for the entity name (just print a number rather than
printing out com.mycompany.domain.entity.MyDomainClass).  And, the "l1" is
how the rest of the pipeline squeezes my long (value 1).  Enjoy!

James

p.s. Yes, I'm going to move it!

/ted