From: Mark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2006 3:28 AM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Tapernate and Spring

Hi all,

In a recent different thread, the question about "Why use Tapernate if
you use Spring" had come up as a side-question.

It seems that some (Hibernate-related) features of Tapernate are
alternatives to equivalent Spring features, while others are more
Tapestry-related features (e.g. the DataSqueezer) that are not available
in Spring, since Spring does not have explicit Tapestry-support.

For some of the features listed on the feature-list at
http://www.carmanconsulting.com/tapernate/ I am not sure which category
they belong to:
- Is there anything in Spring that deals with the
reattachment-strategies ("Persistence Strategies" on the list)?
- Is the "POJO-Rollback" functionality covered by Spring's Transaction
facility?

Does anybody know if there is a document with a comparison of the
various frameworks/add-on libs that offer persistence-support
(Tapernate, Hivetranse, Honeycomb, [Spring]; are there more?) for
Tapestry? Like a quick features and pros/cons comparison?

Thanks,

MARK

P.S. James, did you forget to list the transaction-strategies on the
feature list, or did you leave it out intentionally?