Hi Mark,

first, a short notice: No offence, but could you please insert linebreaks in 
your answers
as its quite time-consuming to break them manually (for example when using 
mutt) to be able
to answer directly to your statements - thanks ;)

| The question is are you trying
| to define a generic menu component that can be "populated" with the links 
between the pages or are
| you trying to create a project specific menu component that only has to work 
with your existing pages?

Well, for sure the best would be to have a generic component capable of 
displaying an arbitrary
set of pages and their structure as a menu... I don't know, I think at the 
moment a project-specific menu
component should be enough.
 
| Then the next question is what does it look like visually?  Is it down the 
left side or across the top?

Both ;)
  
| If it is nested then each one would have it's list of pages.  Which I think 
would support menus within menus.
| As part of the "menu" component you would pass in a list of Menu Options and 
for each option a "Destionation Page".
| If you take a step back, this is a tree structure.  So, it could be stored in 
a database or an XML file.  Or it could be
| hard-coded in the supporting classes.  The component itself could genereate 
different HTML/JavaScript as needed.
|  I would start by creating one manually to see how it works and how the L&F 
works.  Then I would generalize it from there.

What do you think is the "best": external XML, database oder hard-coded? What 
did you use for your menu component?

Thanks!
  Andreas

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to