Apologies for the delay (that whole sleeping thing got in the way) but
its done now:

TAPESTRY 1030 and TAPESTRY 1031 are the two issues' issue #s in JIRA.

Thanks again Jesse/Tapestry team,

Josh

On 7/30/06, Jesse Kuhnert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Can you file this under JIRA Josh? I'm a little busy on other things today
but will be able to look at it and find a fix (if one is to be had) on
Monday.

On 7/30/06, Josh Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm experiencing some issues with Tapestry 4.1 (the latest version from
> maven).
>
> First is that I can't seem to get a listener called unless I have my
> listener submit a form. If remove the submitForm attribute, theres no
> indication on the server that a listener method is called.
>

> <form jwcid="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" action=""><div id="mLink"
> style="background-color: yellow; width:100px;">
>         click me to activate my script

> java.util.Date()">12/22/2006</span>
> here </span>
> type="text/javascript">

> </form>
>
> and:
>     @EventListener(events = "onclick", submitForm = "f",async = true
> ,elements= "mLink" )
>       public void  handleUpdatingThingsAreGood ( IRequestCycle c)
>       {
>            BrowserEvent event =   new BrowserEvent(c)  ;
>             setGood(true);
>             getLogger().log(  "x = {0}, y={1}",event.getPageX()
> ,event.getPageY()) ;
>
> getRequestCycle().getResponseBuilder().updateComponent("refreshme");
>       }
>
> Second, and this one's more relevant to me, is that there doesnt seem
> to be any way to guarantee a dynamic component isnide of a component
> that is dynamically rendered will work on ajax loading. the lifecycle
> doesnt seem to be as in place as it is for standard rendering.
>
> // the component i need to render

> jwcid="@Script"  type="text/javascript">

> // the following would be invoked when something happens
>    @EventListener(events = "onclick", submitForm = "f",async = true
> ,elements= "mLink" )
>     public void  handleUpdatingThingsAreGood ( IRequestCycle c)  {
>          setGood(true);
>          getRequestCycle().getResponseBuilder().updateComponent("foo");
>    }
>
> I would hope that when foo is updated, and the condition is finally
> true, the script component would render and cause the
>
> <initialization>
>     <![CDATA[
>   alert( 'moo' );
>     ]]>
> </initialization>
>
> block to run on the refresh.
>
> This is important for the obvious reason: it's component specific
> initialization which wont have had a chance to get setup on the pages
> real load.
>
> Can we modify the behavior of the framework so that the initialization
> block is relevant for all components rendered during and acutal page
> reload OR for any components rendered after an ajax request? or at
> least modify the .script DTD to support contributing code to be run
> after an ajax reload?
>
> Peace,
> Josh
>

> On 7/29/06, Korbinian Bachl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yesterday i asked for Tap4.1 jars - and here they are, on
> > http://tapestry.apache.org/ itself !!! great work guys !
> >
> > now, when will i get the doc in pdf ? ;)

> [...]

Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer

dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind.