You don't need the @Script processing things to include scripts. (Esp with
the AjaxShellDelegate I pointed out.)

The default configuration for using this delegate is currently encapsulated
in
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry4/trunk/tapestry-framework/src/java/org/apache/tapestry/html/Shell.jwc?view=markup

The gist of it is that it's a simple IAsset resource.

If this is going to cross boundaries into the portlet world I should
probably go a bit farther by doing a composition of components, possibly
providing a small generic @IncludeScript sort of component that will allow
IAsset style context path statements. (Since you will already have
dojo/tapestry in your classpath this would be the preferred method).

I probably need to think about this some more to be sure I don't screw it
up.

As far as including/not including scripts in the head, I think it will work
fine in either scenerio. (Not sure if caching is handled the same in either
though?)

Either way it's not very hard to include js packages in the document head
(portlet specs be damned! no just kidding of course...), take a look at the
tapestry.loadScriptFromUrl function here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry4/trunk/tapestry-framework/src/js/tapestry/core.js?view=markup

A combination of setting the assets up like Shell.jwc does in the first url
I gave you + using AjaxShellDelegate should temporarily solve your problem
until a more permanent solution is found/designed. (I would probably create
a very simple component to wrap the ShellDelegate, sort of like @Shell, only
you won't need to output any actual html content. )

On 8/2/06, Epstein, Ezra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<snipped>

Still, for those odd cases where we control the entire page, how can I
link in the .js and other stuff.  I don't mind, for example, having it part
of all our portal pages.  I.e., is there a way to statically link to the
relevant .js files as-is that would work, or must parts be processed by the
Script-processing tools provided by Tapestry?

Thanks,

Ezra Epstein