Sorry. What I mean by does not work is that getLocationOfStore() in my component is null after the component renders. When I use the updated code below the storeLocation is passed through to the component and getLocationOfStore() contains the location I passed in from the page. It does not like it when I use abstract getters and setters but I dont understand why.

Thanks
Brian

Ron Piterman wrote:
Brian Doherty wrote:

Hi,

I am having problems binding a property on my page to a parameter in my component. The following does not work

can you be more specific. "Does not work" is somehow general...

I have a CategoryListComponent as follows

<component id="categoryListComponent" type="CategoryListComponent">
      <binding name="locationOfStore" value="storeLocation"/>
</component>

On my CategoryList.java I have

public abstract void setStoreLocation(Location storeLocation);
public abstract Location getStoreLocation();

If however I change it as follows, it works fine. The storeLocation is passed into the component.

<component id="categoryListComponent" type="CategoryListComponent">
      <binding name="locationOfStore" value="locationOfStore"/>
</component>

On my CategoryList.java this time I have

private Location locationOfStore;
    public  void setLocationOfStore(Location locationOfStore) {
      this.locationOfStore = locationOfStore;
  }
    public  Location getLocationOfStore() {
      return locationOfStore;
  }

I dont understand why the Location wont be passed through if it declared as abstract. Any help would be great

Regards
Brian