Well, in Tapestry 4.1.1 there's a new component @Style that can append
stylesheets
inside <HEAD>. It can be used from anywhere - even components can have
their needed
stylesheets appended. Here's some example usages:

<link jwcid="@Style" href="main.css" media="all"/>
<link jwcid="@Style" href="asset:style1" title="main"/>
<link jwcid="@Style" href="asset:style2" title="other" rel="alternate
stylesheet"/>

In Tapestry 4.0 or older, you should make use of the delegate parameter of
@Shell
You supply it with an IRender implementation, and it gets rendered just before
</HEAD>

Andreas Andreou - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / J2EE Consulting