From: Robert Cole [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:10 PM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: Hivemind is doing my nut. Override FactoryDefaults?

I finally got it working. For reference, here's my solution:

  <service-point id="MySettings"
interface="org.apache.hivemind.SymbolSource">
        <invoke-factory>
            <construct
class="org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.DefaultSymbolSource" >
                 <set-configuration configuration-id="ApplicationProperties"
property="defaults"/>
            </construct>
        </invoke-factory>
  </service-point>

  <configuration-point id="ApplicationProperties"
schema-id="hivemind.Defaults"/>

  <contribution configuration-id="ApplicationProperties">
        <default symbol="ignoreFailure" value="true"/>
        <default symbol="newFilter" value="com.db.csa.security.AFilter"/>
        <default symbol="tapestry.acegi.authenticationEntryPoint"
value="null"/>
  </contribution>

Rob Cole

             "Jesse Kuhnert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

             05/09/2006 14:58

"Tapestry users" <users@tapestry.apache.org>

cc

Please respond to

"Tapestry users" <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Subject

Re: Hivemind is doing my nut. Override FactoryDefaults?

I think to override a value you just simply define a new contribution
configuration point for hivemind.FactoryDefaults no?

Ie

<contribution configuration-id="hivemin.FactoryDefaults">
<foo />
</contribution>

(The code is made up and probably non functional, but you get the idea).

On 9/5/06, Robert Cole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> hopefully a very quick one. Can someone please give me a pointer as to how
> to override a value in hivemind.FactoryDefaults? Its been holding me up
> for the last 2 hours and I'm about to pull out what's left of my hair.
>
> So far I think that I need to create my own SymbolSource contribution
> point and then add that to the hivemind.SymbolSources contribution, and
> then add my values to my symbol source. Is that right? Can someone point
me
> in the direction of how to set up a SymbolSource?
>
> I've found something on HLS's website (
> http://howardlewisship.com/blog/2003_07_01_archive.html) but it could well
> be out of date.
>
> Any help would be very, very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob Cole
>
> ---

> e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.