Hi,
Thanks for responding!

That's true, but my component is not part of any page - just an isolated
component.

In my original post I used the example of a page (instead of a component) to
highlight how easy it is to do this if your 'component' is a page.  But if your
component is an actual component - and not injected into any page - retrieving
it in a non-tapestry class becomes problematic.

I'm a little confused (and still convinced I'm missing something obvious!) since
I have understood throughout using Tapestry that everything is a component
(including pages), which makes it confusing why pages are so easy to retrieve
this way (via the requestcycle as you pointed out), but Components are not.

Regards,
Dan