Are you listing the properties explicitly, i.e.
properties="name,description"? If that's the case, I don't see how the
BeanForm knows anything at all about your ID field. And if there's not even
a setId( ) method, there's no way at all for BeanForm to modify the property
(it doesn't modify fields directly). Is your Group object marked persistent
in the page specification? This sounds like a problem somewhere else...

Keep me updated,

Daniel