From: Patrick Moore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:29 PM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: problems getting a session state object on start up (resend
..? )

Hi Ben --

What I am trying to do is preload some sample data, *as if* a user has
entered it. So I want to have a Session object that I am going to
programatically configure. Also I will be doing some background
processing
on behalf of a user so I will need to have a session object for that
case as
well. In neither case do I have a HttpRequest....

-Pat

On 9/26/06, Ben Dotte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I hope that works for you, unfortunately I'm out of ideas on this one.
> I'm not sure what you're trying to do makes sense, if I understand
this
> correctly. It sounds like you are trying to directly access a
> session-scoped ASO as your eager-loaded service gets created, correct?
> The problem is you aren't going to have a web session without an
> associated request from the user, which isn't going to be there at the
> point the Hivemind registry is created.
>
> In my case, I needed to eager-load a service that needed the
asoManager,
> but I didn't actually pull any ASOs out of it until later while
> processing user requests.
>
> If you're trying to setup some initial state in each ASO as it is
> created, couldn't you add an initialize() method to the ASO class and
> create it using <invoke-factory>?
>
> Sorry I don't have a better answer for you,
>
> Ben

$WebRequest_10deb12def2._targetServiceProperty($WebRequest_10deb12def2.j
> ava)
> >
> >     at
> $WebRequest_10deb12def2.getSession($WebRequest_10deb12def2.java)
> >     at
> $WebRequest_10deb12dec3.getSession($WebRequest_10deb12dec3.java)
> >     at
> $WebRequest_10deb12dec2.getSession($WebRequest_10deb12dec2.java)
> >     at
> org.apache.tapestry.engine.state.SessionScopeManager.getSession(
> > SessionScopeManager.java:48)
> >     at org.apache.tapestry.engine.state.SessionScopeManager.get(
> > SessionScopeManager.java:64)
> >     at

$StateObjectPersistenceManager_10deb12deed.get($StateObjectPersistenceMa
> nager_10deb12deed.java)
> >
> >     at

$StateObjectPersistenceManager_10deb12deec.get($StateObjectPersistenceMa
> nager_10deb12deec.java)
> >     at org.apache.tapestry.engine.state.StateObjectManagerImpl.get(
> > StateObjectManagerImpl.java:50)
> >     at
> org.apache.tapestry.engine.state.ApplicationStateManagerImpl.get (
> > ApplicationStateManagerImpl.java:60)
> >     at

$ApplicationStateManager_10deb12de9a.get($ApplicationStateManager_10deb1
> 2de9a.java)
> >     at

$ApplicationStateManager_10deb12de9b.get($ApplicationStateManager_10deb1
> 2de9b.java)
> >
> >     at

com.transparentpolitics.core.TransPolSessionManagerImpl.getTransPolSessi