Yeah that was helpful Norbert, thanks. I've corrected the problem in dojo,
it'll be visible in Tapestry the next time I update dojo again. (maybe this
weekend? )

On 10/2/06, Norbert Sándor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have the same incorrect behaviour in IE6 and FF1.5.0.7, both on the
dojo test page and in case of my tapestry application.

At http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_Dialog.html
I scroll to the second "Show" link then click it:
http://www.erinors.com/temp/1.jpg
I drew a red line to indicate the misplaced "background" element: above
the line the screen is modal, below the line it is not modal.

I can even select the text behind the dialog: Please see
http://www.erinors.com/temp/2.jpg

When I scroll the page into any direction the background element "grows"
to the correct size: http://www.erinors.com/temp/3.jpg
As you see, now all text is correctly gray behind the dialog.

I hope this helps to reproduce the error. I can reproduce it in IE and
FF after clearing caches, etc.

Regards,
Norbi

Jesse Kuhnert wrote:
> I'm sorry but I don't see this behavior with the latest nightly that you
> pointed out.
>
> Is there a specific browser that you are using?
>
> I'm going to go ahead and guess that this is with some version of IE
> right?
> Are you setting a doctype in your html so as to avoid any quircksmode
> fun?
> This can also happen with certain weird css situations where the
document
> body doesn't correctly report back its width/height.
>

> On 10/2/06, Norbert Sándor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, I wanted to send this to the user list instead the developer:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The dojo dialog has problems in the latest svn version: on long pages,
>> if I scroll down the page, the dialog is displayed incorrectly and it
is
>> not modal: the element which is displayed behind the dialog to hide the
>> page's content is displayed incorrectly.
>> See this screenshot: http://www.erinors.com/temp/dojo_dialog.jpg
>>
>> The same error is reproducable at
>> http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_Dialog.html
>>
>> The dialog worked correctly with 4.1.1's previous dojo version.
>>
>> What do you recommend?
>> Can I switch to the official 3.1 release without breaking tapestry
>> client side functionality?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Norbi

2006.10.01.