I posted this to the tomcat list and someone mentioned that they use
tapestry and have seen the same thing so I thought I'd post it here. I
could really use any help I can get with this one.

I'm getting a problem that appears to occur randomly. If I request the
same page in my webapp over and over most of the time it will come up
fine but sometimes tomcat won't return anything and I'll get a blank
page and this error in the log:

Oct 3, 2006 4:20:22 PM org.apache.jk.core.MsgContext action
INFO: Response already committed

It also happens for static files like stylesheets so sometimes you will
request a page and then the styles won't get loaded. Anyone have any
clues as to what this could be? I'm googling around and looking through
my tomcat book but haven't found an answer yet. I'm using tomcat 5.5
with the mod_jk connector and apache 2. Here is my server.xml:

<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
  <GlobalNamingResources>
    <Environment name="simpleValue" type="java.lang.Integer"
value="30"/>
              type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
          pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
  </GlobalNamingResources>
  <Service name="Catalina">
    <Connector port="8080" />

    <Connector port="8029"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
protocol="AJP/1.3" />

    <!-- Define the top level container in our container hierarchy -->
             resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
      <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true" />

      <!-- Define the default virtual host
           Note: XML Schema validation will not work with Xerces 2.2.
       -->

      <Host name="domain.company.com" appBase="hosts/domain" debug="0"
unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false">
        <Context path="" docBase="." />
      </Host>

    </Engine>