Those configuration ( & tweaking ) questions arise from time to time.

Even if it's a bit OT, it'd be nice to see all those recommendations
in the wiki  over at http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/

Just like we have SuccessStories, we could have ConfigurationStories.

Anyone willing to make the start?

Daniel Jue wrote:
We are still in the development stages, but we'll be running Tomcat
5.5.17 behind IIS and using the isapi redirector.  Single JVM, with
default memory settings right now.

Since our Tapestry pages look like standard html (i.e. they don't end
in .jsp), and since our IIS instance is shared with other web apps,
the redirector is told to forward anything in our app's sub directory
to Tomcat.

So far the only issue I'm having at the moment is Hot Deploy is
broken.  This is a known problem and it has to do with the way the
Windows file system locks the resources (especially Jar files, but
sometimes others).  Just FYI, the work-around(s) that are available
are not real solutions.  They involve making tomcat create a temporary
copy of the web app for each time you hot deploy.  You eat up space
really quick (because it doesn't ever clean the temp directories) and
it's slow.

See the Tomcat newsgroups and bug reports for more info on this, since
it's not Tapestry related.

In addition, I chose Tomcat because:
I'm semi-familiar with it (seen it used with success in the past),
compared to OC4J/JBOSS
After seeing how some Oracle documentation was written, I just didn't trust OC4J
I found lots of threads online about how OC4J sucked
I like the Apache foundation products.
I knew at the time I could integrate it with Eclipse
The amount of online articles/support/tutorials was sufficient for me.
A lot of good Tapestry tutorials used Tomcat.