Patrick Moore wrote:
> To my untrained eye, it looks like the problem is that the
> _componentResolver on line 390 of
> org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader doesn't have the full class
> name.
>
> On 10/12/06, Patrick Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi there --
>>
>> I just shifted over to Tap 4.1.1 and I was hoping I could get rid of
>> the use of 'type' in my @Component annotation. But no such luck.

It's not a matter of luck... You can simply have many components all
sharing the same class. Think for instance all those template-only
components...
their class is BaseComponent.

So, in a word, Tapestry cannot use the class name (neither the simple
nor the full)
in order to make apart a component. It always needs the type.

type has been made optional to facilitate cases where it matches the
class name.
I believe that's what stated at
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-annotations/index.html
If this causes confusions , i'm 100% for making type required again.

>> In my application file I indicate that the components are in the
>> 'com.transparentpolitics.web.components' directory (or its
>> subdirectories). However, Tap doesn't find components that are in
>> child directories of the 'com ... components' directory. So component
>> references like this:
>>
>>   @Component
>>   public abstract Navigation getNavigation()
>>
>> don't work but this does work :
>>
>>    @Component(type="utils/Navigation")
>>    public abstract Navigation getNavigation()
>>
>> (Navigation is
>> 'com.transparentpolitics.core.web.components.util.Navigation')
>> Now I don't understand why Tap can't find the component as the method
>> call returns the exact component class. Is this just a known temporary
>> limit? Or would changing this current behavior to look at the actual
>> class supplied cause problems?
>>
>> I do know that I can list out each child component directory but that
>> has its own problem as there are some cases of duplicate class names.
>> In any case all the information is on that annotated method call.
>>
>> -Pat

Andreas Andreou - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / J2EE Consulting