From: Robert Zeigler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 11:41 AM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: @Component whoas... Tap-4.1.1 help please (thanks)

James Carman wrote:

As I said, Tapestry can't find your page class.  It doesn't know that
Login.html is supposed to use the Login class you've defined.  Have you
told
it the default package to look for page classes?  Are your templates/page
classes in the right places?

I'm not so sure that's right... looking at the exception, "emailAddress conflicts with a prior declaration". In fact, looking at things more closely... I would agree with tapestry (note: Ken, ignore my first e-mail, or,
at least consider this e-mail in conjunction with that e-mail. :):

Quoting Ken:

"All I want to do is use

   <input jwcid="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" value="ognl:person.emailAddress"
validators="validators:required" displayName="message:label.emailAddress" />

It looks to me like he's trying to mix "informal" components with "formal" ones. Since he's already defining the "emailAddress" component via an annotation, shouldn't the template be simply:

 <input jwcid="emailAddress" />

??

You would get the same (or a very similar) exception in tapestry3 if you tried to do something like:

.page:
 <component id="emailAddress" type="TextField">
 </component>

.html:
 <input jwcid="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"/>

... you've already defined the emailAddress component in your .page spec (or, in this case, via an annotation in the class file),
and you're attempting to redefine it in the template.

Robert