Thanks Guys for the attention and apologies for the extra posts... web latency I guess. Wasn't sure I even had a mailing list for a bit.

Anyway...

I have checked out and built all the tapestry-4.1.1 etc...

I am trying to create a tapestry app that has no "Login.page" file

James, I took your advise and added the following to my .application file

<application name="tap.proto" >

<library id="contrib" specification-path="classpath:/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/Contrib.library"/>

</application>

That got me a bit further into the @Component stuff... which happens to be my latest last post.

My questions remains... (for 4.1.1 experienced folk out there, no offense)

Is tap-4.1.1 ripe enough to omit the page-specification file altogether and go with @Component in the java file?

Thanks in advance