I'm hoping to find a better way to handle expired sessions without
redirecting to a default page.  I have many users which tend to let
sessions time out over lunch or over night, but who expect to be able
to resume working at any time without losing form data, etc.

I have a typical "protected" base page which implements
PageValidateListener.  If no Visit object exists, my current
implementation captures the full request URL and parameters (via
getHttpServletRequest().getParameterNames()), stores them in the (newly
created) Visit object, redirects to my authentication server (which
redirects back upon successful authentication), and then services the
original request by redirecting to the previously stored URL.

The problem is that I often exceed the max GET request length, since I
am having to encode form post data in the URL.  Does anyone know of a
way to capture post data during pageValidate so I can eventually (upon
completion of validation and visit creation) serve the
originally-requested page without losing form posts?  Even though I
can't in this case remain completely stateless, I would like to be able
to gracefully recover the expired session state and continue without
interruption (or loss of user form data).

Everything is working fine now, except in the case where the URL request
length exceeds the browser maximum.  I would really like to be able to
inject the previously stored request parameters into the Tapestry
request cycle, and then continue with a normal cycle.activate().  I
would greatly appreciate any help, since this problem is very common
among a dozen or so applications I have running in this environment
(Tapestry 4).

Thanks,
Shawn