I'm sure most of us use some form of Shell component to render a
common template for every page which would include the <body>
declaration.  Mine is almost always called 'Header' so every page has
a <span jwcid="@Header" ...></span> wrapped around it. It doesn't
involve the java class at all, since it is included via the template
and/or .page file for the page.

--sam