No, there's no reason it shouldn't behave just like the rest of the messages
on that page. I just did a quick test without a page spec, and you can still
use message catalogs (both [page-name].properties and
[application-name].properties). I'd do a quick

span jwcid="@Insert" value="message:email"

outside the BeanForm (but on the same page) just to verify that whatever
behavior you're seeing is not BeanForm-related.

Let me know what you find,

Daniel