Damian Krzeminski wrote:
Dennis Sinelnikov wrote:
Dear Fellow Tapestriers :),

I need to implement an EngineService that will return a specific file living on a filesystem. I need to pass a parameter in the url that specifies which file to return. I've searched the tapestry list serve archives for an elegant solution, but nothing really caught my eye. My initial thought was to do a one-way hash of the file and pass it via the parameter in the url; when the url comes back the service would "replicate" the process by comparing the hashes of all the files and see which one matches; the one matches return to the user.

I'm curious to see what others are doing in securing urls from malicious users. Sample code or any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis

I was looking for elegant solution for that problem as well. I ended up doing something similar to AssetService, which is I guess what you are trying to do as well.

The code is here:
http://scm.sipfoundry.org/rep/sipX/main/sipXconfig/web/src/org/sipfoundry/sipxconfig/components/DownloadService.java http://scm.sipfoundry.org/rep/sipX/main/sipXconfig/web/src/org/sipfoundry/sipxconfig/components/DownloadLink.java

It's in subversion repository - you can get entire project from here: http://scm.sipfoundry.org/rep/sipX/main/sipXconfig

If anybody comes up with something better I'd like to know that.
Damian

Thanks Sam and Damian. I guess the answer was right in front of my nose the whole time. ;)

-Dennis