Hi *,

In my project (tap 4.02) I make heavy use of the redirect-after-post pattern
with listeners such as this:

public ILink onSubmit()
{
        return getLinkService().getLink(...);
}

I have noticed that the PageValidationListener for the old page is always
called when submitting a form, even when the form submission listener
redirects to a different page. Sometimes this failed in my project. My
question is: is it really necessary for tapestry to call this listener in
case of redirect-after-post? From my point of view it would be sufficient
when it is called after the redirect.

Second, I also noticed that form validation with delegates does not work with
redirect-after-post. So for all forms that need to be validated, I cannot use
this pattern which is not so nice. Has this been changed in newer tapestry
versions?

Regards
Bastian Voigt

--