ok, then i might be doing something else wrong..
Is the tree widget.
And now i'm at editing a node label phase.
I edit , press enter , and the response received is  {"title" : "a new
title"} without other brackets.

The render method is
public void renderComponent(IJSONWriter writer, IRequestCycle cycle)
   {

       JSONObject json = writer.object();
       json.put("title", "a new title");
    }