God damn campers..... ;)

On 12/20/06, Daniel Jue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Daniel,

As an avid eBay user, I've been eagerly awaiting a feature like this!
Now everyone can be a sniper. =)
Now we just need some suspense music that streams in the background...

Dan

On 12/18/06, Leffel, Daniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a really simple app that I'm trying to build. Shown on a page is
> an object that expires within 20-60 seconds. Once it expires, a new
> object is created with the same time to live (and so on and so on). The
> current object is loaded through a Tacos AjaxAutoInvoker. Additionally,
> I'm using the Tacos form submit on the page to enable users to
> manipulate the object.
>
> I'm trying to implement a countdown that shows in real time how many
> seconds are left until the object expires. I tried using another
> AjaxAutoInvoker without specifying a listener, but it makes an AJAX call
> anyway. I don't want to cause an AJAX call to happen every second to
> simply decrement the counter (the AjaxAutoInvoker otherwise refreshes
> the object every 5 seconds). So, I tried a little bit of Javascript. The
> problem is, this Javascript causes the AjaxForm to be submitted in a
> non-AJAX way (Debug message is: XMLHTTP Transport Error:0). Any ideas on
> the best way to accomplish this?
>
>
> <script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
> var now = new Date();
> var seconds = (event - now) / 1000;
>
> ID=window.setTimeout("update();", 1000);
> function update() {
> now = new Date();
> seconds = (document.getElementById('ends').innerHTML-now)/1000;
> seconds = Math.round(seconds);
> document.getElementById('countdown').innerHTML = seconds;
> ID=window.setTimeout("update();",1000);
> }
> </script>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]




--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Open source based consulting work centered around
dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind. http://blog.opencomponentry.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to