Karthik -

Sorry if my post came across the wrong way -- I just think it's a good
illustration of the kind of healthy cross-pollination I had been referring
to earlier. I'm not implying that they can't or won't implement this sort of
component, nor am I saying that something like this fits every project. I'm
just pointing out a visible example of the "free intellectual market" at
work. In fact, I'm eager to see how they improve on the concept, so that I
can steal their ideas! ;-)

Take care,

Daniel

On 12/21/06, karthik G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Both frameworks have excellent developers (which is great for users) and
from what I see both have a different approach to a problem. I think
everything can co-exist!

> Case in point ;-)

http://www.nabble.com/Directly-map-a-bean-to-HTML-form-tf2845102.html#a7944709
<
http://www.nabble.com/Directly-map-a-bean-to-HTML-form-tf2845102.html#a7944709

Yes a built-in beanform doesn't seem to exist in Wicket now but that
doesn't
mean that it can't be done. Wicket has Panel components that can just
about
wrap any component. So you just need a TextFieldPanel that wraps a
TextField
for e.g. You can have similar such Panels for a checkbox, drop down etc.
But
at the end of the day they can all be treated as panels that need to be
rendered in a loop?. Then its just about having a Wicket Repeater
component
that renders any of these panels depending upon the bean property.

So a minimalistic generic template could look like this -

IMHO the importance of beanform kind of component depends on the project
you
are working on. Our client has tied up with another company to design UI
templates. We assemble the rest of the application. So in our case, the
beanform is not of much help. Please do note that I'm not trying to
trivialize the component implementation. But its important to realize that
the dynamic forms are supported within Wicket constructs as well.

Regards,
Karthik