Jesse -- I took a look at the links you sent and agree with Alex. Flexibility is nice to have, +1 for configurable :)

Thanks,
Dennis

Norbert Sándor wrote:
I can't help too much because in my apps I used server side validation only, so I don't know how the client side validation currently works. But if I would use it, then what I'd like is a very easy way to plug in my own solution - which is the exact same copy of what my server side implementation does. So my users could see the same visual presentation of the error message regardsless of it was generated on the client or server side.

Regards:
Norbi

Jesse Kuhnert írta:
If you are using Tapestry 4.1.1 or greater then you have probably run
into the new client side validation modal dialog popup:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/usersguide/clientside-validation.html

I've decided that I should probably follow some of my own advice and
would like to "fix" this as described here:

http://www.humanized.com/weblog/2006/09/11/monolog_boxes_and_transparent_messages/

Ironically I had already created a Dojo widget to do the exact same
thing before this blog entry even came out but never really thought to
apply the same kind of idea to validation..(this is also the kind of
non-intrusive validation that tacos does by default):

http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_Toaster.html

Not sure which release this belongs in but I've got all kinds of
usability/humane/etc plans for validation that I'm going to want to
try applying at some point. I'd really rather just completely remove
this dialog but want to see how people feel about it first.

I can always just make this a configurable option where you opt-in and
choose which kind of client side validation "theme" you'd like, but
I'm not as convinced that more options here will necessarily be
helping people.

What do you think/feel ?