I migrated from 3.0 to 4.0 using this xsl stylesheet: http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry3ToTapestry4

It was a while back so I don't remember the details of the migration but I do remember it being pretty painless. As from 4.0 to 4.1, I can't say.

Ciao
JPB

Marilen Corciovei wrote:
Hello,

I have been working on a Tapestry based product started almost 2.5 years
ago. It's a CMS based product targeted at french cityhalls sites (as
described here: http://www.nemesisit.ro/clients/case-study ). This was
build on 3.0 beta and then on 3.0.3. Now it's in production from more
than one year and they want to begin a new cycle of developments. I want
to try to impose a migration on the new versions. As this does not seem
always usefull for non-technical people I am trying first to estimate
the efforts implied. I have also worked on 4.0 based projects and there
are some differences. 4.1 seems to finally remove all the deprecated
stuff in 4.0.
What are your migration experiences from 3.0 to 4.0 or 4.1. Is there a
migration directly to 4.1 much too complicated, has anyone did that? The
project was quite large and on several ocasions I had to overwrite
components or use some "tricks". One aspect which I want to keep in mind
is that I did a migration from 2.3 to 3.0 in the past on an equaly large
project and I ended up with some very non-uniform code. Even if the
old .page or .jwc component definitions still worked I had no reason not
to use the @Component in template definitions so the pages are quite
strange to look on. It's rather obvious where all the new code is. So, I
would like to avoid having this "diversity" once again.

Thank you,
Len
www.len.ro