> > Why not return an ILink from the listener ?
> >

> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/usersguide/listenermethods.html
>
> Not sure about others, but I don't think this will work for
> me. I'm generating a PDF inside my listener, which I then
> wish to send to the client as a download. Any strategy for
> turning this into a URL won't work because there are too many
> variables for generating the PDF in the first place and I
> certainly can't serialize the byte array itself onto the URL.

I usually have a method in an ASO which returns the byte array, given
some id. The listener can setup the ASO accordingly and the service can
serve out the content. Parameters for the service would be 1. name of
the aso,  2. ognl-path to the byte-array from the aso.

This way, I have generic ResourceService paired with a corresponding
ResourceLink (derived from ServiceLink) that work in many apps by
jar-dropping.