Basically, tapestry-acegi just allows you to glue all of the Acegi
stuff together using HiveMind, rather than Spring (it's all just
"object soup" right?).  Actually, the majority of the configuration of
the services goes on outside of tapestry-acegi itself (it's in
hivemind-acegi and hivemind-acegi-dao, so it can be used in a
generalized fashion).  The cool part of tapestry-acegi is that it lets
you use Acegi's @Secured annotation (found in the acegi-tiger jar
file) to annotate your listener methods and page classes so that you
can declaratively secure them to specific roles.  As for examples, I
don't really have one, but somebody wrote a nice Wiki page detailing
how to set it up.

On 1/19/07, jake123 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

James Carman wrote:

> This is the main reason that I wrote Tapestry-Acegi, so that you get
> the best of both worlds.  You can get at all the good Tapestry
> framework stuff and have the Acegi stuff too.

Hi James,
We are about to implement Acegi to our application and we are using Spring
2.0.2, Hibernate 3, Tapestry 4.02.
Are tapestry-acegi.jar a replacement for doing the Acegi mappings in Spring?
What do we need to configure to make it work? If you could give some example
that would bee really nice

Thanks a lot

Jacob