Howard Lewis Ship <hlship <at> gmail.com> writes:

> T5 components have a very definite construction-phase (where they are
> hooked up, parameters are bound, etc.) followed by a production-phase.
>
> The new methods you are talking about are contruction-phase only.  But
> what happens if they are invoked in production?

The type safe setter style works in production. That is, the configuration
of a component occurs in production (before it's rendered), after the
component is constructed once (which does not include binding parameters
to expressions to be evaluated later).

> Case 1: the change is accepted and now this instance of this component
> within this page instance behaves differently than any other instance,
> which breaks down Principal 1: Static Structure, Dynamic Behavior.

I don't think this is the case. A component instance in one page instance
is exactly the same as others in other page instances. They all have
their parameters (just properties) initialized to their default values.
Before they're rendered, their containers need to set their properties.

> Case 2: The code has to make a "locked down" check, which introduces a
> new class of bugs where the check is omitted.

I don't know why there needs a locked down check. Would you give an
example?

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)