Yes that is a nice table, but I think you could do all that (minus the AJAX) with some CSS around the current contrib:table.

Tap 5 has a new grid component you might be interested in:

http://tapestryjava.blogspot.com/2007/02/more-tapestry-5-grid- component-case.html#links

I haven't tried the dojo SortableTable, but it seems to me that would be a good option, because it should be an AJAX-enabled, model-based table.

It seems to me that the dhtml goodies sortable tables would not be so good, because they just sort the view, and don't have access to the model (I haven't seen one that uses AJAX), so if you're paging, this would be confusing for users.

HTH,