I've been trying it out over the past week or so, and my impression of the
documentation is that it's a brain dump of how things work in general, but
when you get down to basic questions like "is there a label component? if
so, how does it work? is there a select component? if so, how does it work?"
you end up having to go to google and search along the lines of "label site:
tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5". I like what comes out once you figure out
how things work, though.

The one other thing I've had trouble with is contributing to the application
configuration... I have a search page which I want to render sometimes even
when the URL doesn't contain the page name, and I had to do some major
digging into the internal configuration to figure out how to do it. What I
ended up with made heavy use of internal Tapestry classes, so this seems
like an area that may not yet be complete.

Overall it reminds me of Maven 2 at this point... slightly aggravating to
figure out at first, but possibly a time saver in the long run.