Sysdeo's plugin is no silver bullet, but I keep evaluating alternatives and
so far I haven't found anything better. The most common gotchas with Sysdeo
is installing devloader (which you will need) and maintaining the set of
libraries to load (for which sysdeo-tomcat-plugin is used), setting the
context path correctly and making sure you don't have servlet-api loaded
with the devloader. I have developers asking about these over and over
again.

Kalle