I think it sounds like a fine idea...Though I wouldn't want it to
become too closely tied to Tapestry as that could have the opposite
effect of making people feel like they are competing with the
framework / developers or something similar.

No offense to javaforge or anything, but as long as it's not them it
sounds like a tentatively reasonable idea...Though who is going to
manage this project is another question entirely. (I don't have time
definitely.)

There's Tacos too, but I don't actually have sourceforge permissions
to add people as developers so I'd be useless in that capacity.