none of those options worked for me in T5,
nor template text nor text from database
(text from database displays correctly in the console)

Davor Hrg

On 3/19/07, Istvan Szucs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Deploy mavenized project:
1. pom.xml: <packaging>war</packaging>
2. command prompt: mvn deploy
3. You have a *.war file in your 'project/target' directory.

Open tomcat manager and deploy your *.war file with admin role.

Jetty: ???

---------

Jetty + UTF-8: -Dorg.mortbay.util.URI.charset=UTF-8

Tomcat + utf-8:
Update the file $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml for UTF-8 support by
connectors. Example:
<Connector port="8080" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
disableUploadTimeout="true" URIEncoding="UTF-8"/>

Eclipse + UTF-8 (1):
Right click on the context folder / Properties -> Text file encoding ->
Other - UTF-8

Eclipse + UTF-8 (2):
Window / Preferences / General / Content types -> all type default
encoding: UTF-8 (java source, html, xml)

XML + UTF-8: All xml start with tis line '<?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?>'

HTML + UTF-8: in the <head> tag -> <meta http-equiv="content-type"
content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

Use this JAVA_OPTS: -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

And finally: everywhere UTF-8...

Best regards
Stef