FYI - I just submitted an implementation of a file upload component
to JIRA.
It can be downloaded from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1354

You'll have to build it yourself, but it should "just work" using
maven.

If anyone tries it out, please let me know if you have any problems
or other feedback.

regards,
Ben