Over the last year, we have slowly been converting an internal application from a home brewed infrastructure to Tapestry 4.0. Some of the new functionality we need to add would best be handled with Ajax and I so I started looking at the newer versions of Tapestry. I can't seem to figure out which version of Tapestry I should upgrade to.

The "official distribution" page lists Tapestry 4.0.2 as the latest stable build. This version doesn't support Ajax to the best of my knowledge.

Folks using Maven2 seem to be encouraged to use the 4.1.2-SNAPSHOT. Is it stable enough to be used in a production environment? Is it really a good idea?

Is there an "official distribution" of 4.1.0 or 4.1.1 I should consider?

Reading the e-mail list, I see a lot of people using Tapestry 5.0.3. Is there enough functionality ready for me to consider it? I assume this will be the longest migration path for us, but since I need to upgrade, if now is the time, so be it.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Tony Nelson
Starpoint Solutions