The absolute easiest thing to do is to create a page named Exception (.html and .page). This will then be picked up automatically as the Exception page. Unfortunately you may have to do some build script magic to differentiate between production and development. I have my production Exception page log the error to a log file using Tapestry's exception display code but just display something generic for the user.

You should be able to override hivemind settings to accomplish this if you want to call you page something else. For more info there are various discussions of this in the email list archives.

Matt

Josh Joy wrote:
Hi,

Sorry, though I've tried looking for the documentation
though I probably just missed it...
If tapestry experiences an error, for example I have
an invalid HTML template so it will have a parsing error, or perhaps I have an application error, Tapestry will display a very nice exception page with stack trace and various other info. This is helpful for development, though for production how can I define my own error
page?

Thanks,
Josh