It looks like the newest snapshot does fix my EventListener and Script
problems. However now I am seeing the problem Andreas mentioned, where a
component isn't being found where it used to get found.

We are specless and our page/component templates are stored in
WEB-INF/app. There was a change made to
ComponentSpecificationResolverImpl.java between the current snapshot and
the one from 4-20 that seems to have caused this problem (in
searchForComponentClass() line 252):

Resource componentResource = namespaceResource.getRelativeResource(type
+ ".jwc");

// try classpath relative if namespace relative doesn't resolve

if (componentResource.getResourceURL() == null) {

        Resource classResource = new ClasspathResource(_classResolver,
componentClass.getName().replace('.', '/'));
        componentResource = classResource.getRelativeResource(type +
".jwc");
}

Since we don't have any .jwc files, componentResource.getResourceURL()
always returns null and it then searches on the classpath instead. I
tried putting the templates on the classpath and it finds them there,
but that isn't how our build system is setup to work right now. If I
comment out that if statement everything works fine again and the
templates on WEB-INF/app are found.

So, is this an intentional change, or should it be able to find
templates in WEB-INF/app for specless apps?

Thanks,
Ben