On 5/14/07, Juan Maya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all,
I am  trying to contribute a new Email Validator that would check if an
email is valid or not.

To do it i created a class Email that implements Validator<Void, Object>.
Then i contributed the Validator in My AppModule:
public static void
contributeFieldValidatorSource(MappedConfiguration<String, Validator>
configuration){
        configuration.add(Email.NAME, new Email());
}

My question are:
1. How could i add a client side validation for my email validation?

Follow the pattern present in the existing validators.

2. I disabled js in my browser and none of the  basic Validators (required,
minLegth, etc) worked . Am i a missing something obvious?

If JavaScript is disabled, then you don't get client side validation, since
it requires JavaScript.  That's why you always re-check on the server.

Thanks

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.