4.1.1

Firstly, I'm pretty sure what I'm trying to do is not possible, so read on with that in mind.

My border component defines my form. This is necessary because I have a tabbed structure where the tabs are LinkSubmit's and need to be associated with a Form.

My page has part of the form content always displayed, normally without ajax or anything dynamic. This part is a list of elements with checkboxes to enable/disable.

When clicking on an element in the list, a dojo Dialog is displayed containing a previously existant yet hidden portion of the form to edit the attributes of the element along with a LinkSubmit to submit the whole form (border form) when the user is done.

Note that I must continue the existing border's form as the dialog code needs to sit within the border, otherwise it would fall outside of the html element.

I can't for the life of me get this to work. I think because the Dialog is re-rendered (updateComponent) the dialogs portion of the form is essentially detached from the border forms request cycle. No matter what I enter in the dialog, nothing comes back to the listener when the form is submitted.

Is what I'm trying to do possible, or do I need to rip apart my border component so that I can embed a separate form in the dialog?

Thanks, Paul.