Http only submits one set of form data. If I have two forms, only the data from the form I submit is transmitted back to the server. Tapestry wouldn't receive the other information I want to persist. An async submit would get around this by not re-rendering the page to avoid losing the other state.

-Steve

Michael Sims wrote:
Steve Shucker wrote:
I need everything in one form
because the checkbox states should be persisted even when the popup
dialog is submitted.
[...]
My options as I see them:
[...]
- use a separate form with an async submit for the popup (may work,
but then I'd have to return some javascript to submit the main page
and redirect)

Why not use a separate form, and mark the properties used by your forms with the
@Persist annotation (either client or session)?