On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 06:02:16PM -0500, Bill Holloway wrote:
> I have the following DAO pattern:
>
> public class FooDaoImpl
>       extends HibernateDaoSupport
>       implements FooDao
> {
>   // some custom Foo dao methods.
> }
>
> However, tapestry-ioc spring bean injection injects via interface.
> So, none of the HibernateDaoSupport or HibernateTemplate methods like
> saveOrUpdate or merge or get are visible from my injected DAO unless
> they're explicitly written into the FooDao interface or some higher
> level interface that FooDao extends.  Pain.

Unless I misunderstand you, you need to do the following:

In your code:
------
@Inject
@Service("fooDao")
private FooDao _fooDao;
------

In your spring context file:
------
<bean id="fooDao" class="blah.blah.blah.FooDaoImpl">
        <property name="sessionFactory" ref="mySessionFactory"/>
</bean>
------

--
njl