I get this if I disable caching after a while. However, I have not seen it with caching enabled.

-Norman

On Jun 28, 2007, at 11:47 AM, Evan Rawson - Work wrote:

what application host are you using. cuz i know in tomcat, when you redeploy X amount of times you will get out of memory error. i dont know if this is some how related. but the only way to fix it is to shut down and start tomcat back up.

evan
----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Wiz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:40 AM
Subject: Re: OutOfMemoryError after serving N pages

Arjan Verstoep wrote:

I'm building an application with the Tapestry 4.0.2 framework, which
manages my music-collection. I'm getting OutOfMemoryErrors since I've created a small ajax-ish component that refreshes every 10 seconds to show the song that is currently playing. A piece of javascript gets the
Tapestry-page with the currently-playing song on it, and puts the
generated html into a <div>. After 24 hours or so making these
page-requests, an out of memory error occurs.

I have the feeling that this new auto-refreshing component of mine only quickens the OutOfMemoryError, since I did get these errors before, but
only after much longer uptimes.

What am I doing wrong here? Is it the Spring OpenSessionInView- filter
that I use that is wasting memory, am I not cleaning-up everything
myself? Should I use Tapestry 4.1.1? Can anybody help? The code of the
page follows:
(You can also have a look at
http://musicontroller.cvs.sourceforge.net/musicontroller/ for more
sourcecode)

Thanks,
~Arjan Verstoep

Hi Arjan,
I'm having the same problem you had: heap space OOME after serving N pages.
Did you find any solutions?
Thanks.