I think the main thing that Matt wants is to:

a.) know how to get a link to a home-brewed service

and

b.) know how to access that from a javascript call.

I don't know how to get the link to access the T5 service, but here's a good
link for a simple javascript call.

http://www.w3schools.com/ajax/default.asp