From: "Ken nashua" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Tacos-devel] css overrides (ie6, ie7,firefox) ?
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:04:13 -0400

Guys (using tap-4.0),

I implemented a Customhead component that extends Shell and functionally is
sound.

I render my own css overrides ... Specifically for header image on top
header portion of main page.

I am wondering why the image fails to fill in the whole space of the DIV ???

Here is the original css (from appfuse css-framework)

div#header {
        color: black;
        clear: both;
        padding: 0;
        height: 94px;
        /*height: auto;*/
        margin: 5px 5px 5px 5px;
        /*background-size:      100%;*/
        /*background-origin: content;*/
        background: #fff url( images/trails-header94.jpg ) top left no-repeat;
}

No matter what I specify, the image renders short of the actual width/height
of the element.

I am unable to edit a solution to this in the css file. ??

Then when I try to specify custom head attributes that simply provide css
overrides, that still does not work. Nothing works.

Ie6 is toast when it comes to css and has enter/leave bugs. Ie7 eventually
fails. Firefox cannot perform simple width/height geometry mgt when it comes
to resizing the image to the actual size of the header element.

Been blue in the face for sometime.

Is there a solution to this? Shouldn't this stuff been nailed down years
ago? Below is a my last overrides rendered.

Any help is appreciated.
Best regards
Ken in nashua

<head>
4.0.2"/>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="don't select"
href="/styles/tapestryskin/theme.css;jsessionid=u7smsn5p7hmv"/>

        body {
                background-repeat: repeat, repeat;
                width:  auto;
                padding: 0 0 0 0;
                margin: 0 0 0 0;
                background: #fff url(
/BlobService.svc?class=org.trails.demo.AdminLayout&contentType=image/gif&fileName=backgd.gif&id=1&property=background
) top left no-repeat;
        }

        div#header {
                width: 100%;
                height: 100px;
                padding: 0 0 0 0;
                margin: 0 0 0 0;
                background-size: 100%;
                background-origin: content;
                border: 5px solid #ccc;
                background: #fff url(
/BlobService.svc?class=org.trails.demo.AdminLayout&contentType=image/gif&fileName=header.gif&id=1&property=header
) top left no-repeat;
        }

        div#main {

                padding: 15 auto;

        }

        div#splash {
                background: #fff url(
/BlobService.svc?class=org.trails.demo.AdminLayout&contentType=image/pjpeg&fileName=splash.jpg&id=1&property=splash
) top left no-repeat;
        }

</head>